February can be an awkward time for shopping; our finances finally start to regain some balance after the blowout festive season so we want to treat ourselves to something new after making it through January, however the shops are slap bang between seasons. If you take a walk down your local high street today, you’ll probably find a lot of shops midway through clearing out the sale stock in preparation for the new season and a few rails of new season stock they’ve already put out.
Yesterday, for example, a Saturday shopping day in Reading, I saw Debenhams moving rails around with whole areas of almost empty space, New Look completely moving their shoe department around with vast empty spaces, Schuh completely closed for refurb. and that’s just a few. So where do you go to buy your treat and how do you know it’s going to last you through the S/S season? Look online! Many retailers have a much wider selection of the new season stock online already so I thought I’d share with you some fabulous, budget friendly shoes that I’ve found which are bang on trend for next season.
1. These are my absolute favourites, love, love, love! If my feet weren’t so crazy narrow I would order them today. These babies are from Dune and come in at £99.00, also in a blue/green colourway. I know they’re a bit pricey but they are so amazing, it’s definitely worth the stretch!
2. Metallics on the feet are huge for S/S and given the our summers in the UK tend not to be the warmest ever, I thought what better than a peep toe shoe boot!?! You’ll find these at River Island for £70.00.
3. Another River Island wonder, these beauties are working the colour clashing trend which is already all over the high street, this summer is about statement shoes and that they are. At just £40.00 you can’t go wrong!
4. The classic court, a wardrobe staple all year round. This summer we should be channelling our inner Carrie Bradshaw and working this elegant pointed style. Get yours at Zara for £39.99.
5. More of the colour clashing trend but I had to include these as they are so purse friendly and totally summery in their sandal style. Grab them in New Look for £19.99.
6. There’s a reason New Look has won awards for their shoes, these platform courts are rocking the brightly coloured floral print that is about to be all over shoes and feet near you! These also come in a slightly darker colourway, more blue / purple if that’s more your style but they’re both selling out quick so grab yours now for just £27.99.
Hopefully that’s provided you with some shoe-spiration…happy shopping! x