Hello one and all and a happy new year to you!
I absolutely love new year’s day because it feels like such a fresh start, when the world really is your oyster and you can achieve anything you want to.
Despite the Brexit debacle, I feel extremely fortunate to live in the UK right now, this whole blog post is entirely indulgent. It’s me documenting trivial things I would like to achieve in 2017; please read it as such, or don’t read it if you will find it offensive on that basis.
Over the last few years, I seem to have become rather busy with being a grown up and I’ve lost my way with blogging and other creative outlets that used to guide me through the days. I feel a bit like that part of my brain is slowly shrivelling up and I’d like to begin the process of reversal this year.
So, as in former years, I have laid out my personal objectives for the year and I’m hoping that by having this reference point, I’ll feel compelled to achieve them.
Here they are:
- Get back to blogging
- Between this blog and my narrow shoes blog, I will write 52 blog posts in 2017
- Perform in 1 show
- Playing Shelby in Steel Magnolias was the highlight of my 2016 and I’d like to feel that proud again
- Dine in 12 new restaurants
- Try singing lessons
- Read at least 12 books
- Should be easy but time really does fly!
- Finish the year at least 1st lighter in weight than I begin it
- Gotta get this health thing under control – old age is massively catching up with me
I’d love to hear any of your objections / resolutions for 2017 so please share if you’d like to and remember that they have to be achievable or you’ll give up before you’ve even started!
Have a FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC year everyone! x